Fahkora Student’s Support
Project identification: It is a social and psychological support project for Alfakhora students executed by Palestine trauma center (PTC) in partnership with NUTUF association, and funded by: UNDP, Islamic bank for development and Alfakhora scholarship. The project’s duration is five months from 1/11/2014 to 31/3/2015; it targets 270 students from Alfakhora scholarship’s students all around Gaza strip through executing social and psychological support sessions.
The project help relieving the social and psychological pressures and desperation that students have suffered and still suffer from by applying social and psychological interventions through a set of psychological activities with the targeted group, and rehabilitate them, and reinforce their psychological steadfastness within themselves and with the surrounding environment, along with:
- Help the participants in psychological preparation and learning self-psychological care (self confidence-self actualization).
- Provide the students with problem solving skills and a good future planning.
- Reinforce the Youth’s positive behaviors and concepts, and alter their negative behaviors, feelings and thoughts.
- Teach the students the prefect techniques for psychological relief.
- Identify sources of pressures and desperation that students face and contribute to decreasing their effects.
- The team will also work on executing an open day for all of the project’s participants, and intervene with cases that need deep individual interventions.
Alfakhora project identification: it is a scholarships program executed by NUTUF association and young men’s Christian association-Jerusalem in cooperation with the UNDP, funded by Alaqsa fund, her highness Sheikha Moza’s office-Alfakhora campaign in Qatar, and the Islamic bank for development in Jeddah.
The program seeks targeting college students who are in need, and provide them with a set of scholarships and training courses and local psycological activities.